Applications for Round 12 of the Medical Devices Fund are now open.
For further information please refer to the Program Guidelines 2024, below.
About the Program
- The Medical Devices Fund (the Fund) is a competitive technology and commercialisation program funded by NSW Health and administered by the Office for Health and Medical Research (OHMR).
- The aim of the Fund is to progress new and innovative medical devices and related technologies in NSW towards commercialisation.
- NSW Health recognises that investment in developing and commercialising medical devices and related technologies in NSW is important for ensuring innovative and effective devices can enter the market and improve patient outcomes.
- Funds are available to support products across a range of applications throughout the medical device product life cycle, from Technology Readiness (TRL) Level 3 and up. Funded projects must be capable of potentially improving patient care, health and wellbeing, and generating economic, social or environmental benefits to NSW.
- Eligible applicants can apply for a minimum of $500,000 and a maximum of $5,000,000 (excluding GST) per application.
- Applications are assessed by a Sub Group and Expert Panel on a case-by-case basis against set assessment criteria. Sub Group and Expert Panel members have experience and skills in health and medical research, medical device commercialisation, financial management, clinical practice, and consumer advocacy.
|Call for preliminary applications
|Tuesday 20 February 2024
|Preliminary applications close
|10:00am AEDT Friday 29 March 2024
|Fund Sub Group meets
|Fund Expert Panel meets
|Invitation to submit full application
|Full applications close
|Fund Expert Panel meets
|Interview with Fund Expert Panel
|Notification of outcome
Guidelines and application form
For eligibility, assessment criteria, and information on how to make an application, download the guidelines.
Applications for Round 12 open on Tuesday 20 February 2024 and will close on Friday 29 March 2024 at 10:00am AEDT. Late applications will not be accepted. All applications must be submitted electronically to MOH-OHMRGrants@health.nsw.gov.au
Tips for applicants
- An online information session will be held on Monday 4 March 2024 at 12:00 – 1:00pm. The session will provide an overview of the Fund and the application process, including what a successful application looks like. Please click here on Monday 4 March 2024 at 12:00pm to attend.
- Members of the expert panel who assess all applications will be available in the session to answer questions you may have about:
- information and documentation you should include in your application
- the eligibility criteria
- details around funding and repayment
- any other questions you may have.
- Please submit questions about the Fund to MOH-OHMRGrants@health.nsw.gov.au by Wednesday 28 February 2024, or bring them with you to the session.
- These videos will help with your application:
Watch the following video to understand the Medical Devices Fund eligibility criteria.
Watch the following video to understand what evidence and/or trial information you need to provide.
Watch the following video to understand what you need to address from an IP perspective.
Watch the following video to understand what you need to address in your regulatory plan.
Watch the following video to understand the importance of having a reimbursement strategy.
Watch the following video to understand the importance of building a well-rounded team.
Watch the following video to understand the Medical Devices Fund Business Canvas Model as part of your application.
The recipients of round 11 funding in 2023 were announced on Thursday 9 November at Parliament House.
The Medical Devices Fund celebrated its 10th anniversary on Thursday 10 November 2022.
Watch the 2021 Medical Devices Fund recipients tell their stories below.
Search the directory for project summaries by topic areas of interest, find and follow the latest health and medical innovations or search for the brochures of previous Medical Devices Fund recipients.
Impact showcase - technologies benefitting from the Medical Devices Fund
View current technologies benefitting from the Medical Devices Fund and track the progress of health solutions.
Updated 2 weeks ago