Are you interested in making a significant impact with your health innovation and do you want to successfully commercialise your idea or invention?
NSW Health’s Commercialisation Training Program is investing in the people of NSW who are driving innovation in the medical and health sector. We are committed to helping innovators build skills and knowledge so they can continue to commercialise innovations successfully, form stronger networks across the state, and nurture novel medical technology.
The Program, run by Cicada Innovations, aims to fast-track innovative ideas that will revolutionise the healthcare sector, improve patient outcomes, and provide economic opportunities for emerging health tech businesses in NSW.
For anyone with the ambition to create and launch medtech & biotech innovation
|Researchers, scientists, clinicians, entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and those in the health sector who are working on a novel medical device, diagnostic or therapeutic product, or a software that is considered a medical device.|
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The NSW Health Commercialisation Training Program has been designed by leading experts to nurture innovative, early stage health tech solutions, and help innovators to build sustainable businesses in NSW.
One of the benefits of the program is that it has been created to meet you at the stage that best suits you. This allows you to join at any point of the program, depending on the stage of your health innovation.
You can learn at your own pace and structure your learning around a timeline which works for you and your idea.
The Program is broken up into three key stages:
This flexible approach means you can complete the program in its entirety or join specific courses most relevant for your stage in the journey.
The end-to-end Program consists of three verticals which are broken down into seminars and courses.
|If you’re just getting started, the program offers an online course and seminars to build your foundational commercialisation knowledge and skills.||Validate your idea with peers and experts with our in-depth courses that will help you take your entrepreneurial skills to the next level.||Deep dive into your specific sector and walk away with new connections and strategies to accelerate your growth.|
UPCOMING EVENTS AND SEMINARS
One Day Seminar
INFORMATION SESSION – COMMERCIALISATION TRAINING PROGRAM
Join this info session and learn more about the program and how it can help you boost your healthtech idea into a sustainable business.
12:00 – 12:30 pm
POWERED BY CICADA INNOVATIONS
Cicada Innovations is committed to building a collaborative innovation ecosystem in NSW. It takes a wide breadth of expertise and know-how to set fledgling entrepreneurs up for success and commercialise their technologies. We have a 20 year track record helping people do this.
With the Commercialisation Training Program we are providing the resources, knowledge and connections to help innovators working at the forefront of medical technology create a pathway to their commercial success.
PROGRAM DELIVERY PARTNERS
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it cost?
The Program is fully funded by NSW Health. It is free and open to anyone residing in NSW.
When does the Program run?
The Program runs from August to May. It consists of several modules and allows people to get the right support at the right time.
Watch the 2020 Graduation and Showcase
- Alessandro Simeoli, NSW Toll Ambulance Rescue Helicopter Service
- Beena Ahmed, Say66
- Kirrie Ballard, Say66
- Jason Fairclough, Kangaroo Medtek
- Jonathan Hribar, Blindness Assistive Technologies
- Luke Gordon, University of Sydney
- Nafiseh Mirabdolhosseini, Western Sydney University
- Nicole Hasick, SpeeDx Pty Ltd
- Ricky O’Brien, University of Sydney
- Robert Walker, OCULENCE
- Sarah Holland, The Black Dog Institute
- Turaab Khan, Ischaemia Solutions
- Ben Lindsay, Solushin
- Rosa Miller, Solushin
- Dr Benjamin Stephens-Fripp, University of Wollongong
- Christian Legerer, University of New South Wales
- Dr Dan Yang, University of Wollongong
- David Wallace, Cerebro Biosystems
- Jason Borrie, Frontier Genomics
- Dr Jerry Zhou, Western Sydney University
- Dr Jingjing You, iFix Medical Pty Ltd
- Dr Joseph Dusseldorp, Syncricity Pty Ltd
- Dr Nadi Sadr, University of Sydney
- Dr Negar Talaei Zanjani, Western Sydney Local Health District
- A/Professor Rebekah Moles, University of Sydney
- Dr Shaheen Hasmat, University of Sydney
- Dr Tracy Dudding-Byth, Hunter New England Local Health District
- Dr Gordon Stevenson, University of New South Wales
- Dr Iman Manavitehrani, Heart Centre for Children at Westmead Hospital
- Dr Renxun Chen, University of New South Wales
- Dr Kim van Schooten, Neuroscience Research Australia
- Ameneh Sadeghpour, Allegra Orthopaedics Limited
- Associate Professor Hamish MacDougall, University of Sydney
- Dr Olga Shimoni, University of Technology Sydney
- Buket Demirci, University of Technology Sydney
- Dr Carmine Gentile, University of Sydney
- Katherine Kawecki, Respia
- Christian Reeks, Respia
- Dr Helder Marcal PhD, Rheumedica® Pty Ltd
- Kelly Berger, Confidential Pathology
- Dr Kevin Chi-Ping Siu, Jellyfish
- Dr Martin Engel, University of Wollongong
- Stephen Towe, Leo Cancer Care
- Thomas Millar
- Burkhardt Schuett
- Celi Varol
- Tegan Cheng
- Celeste Coltman
- Sarah McDonald
- Qiao Qiao
- James Wright
- Mohamed ‘Haroon’ Kasim
- Nicky Agahari
- Sankar Arumugam
- Maryam Parviz
- Saber Mostafavian
- Jonathan Arthur
- Nicole Cockayne
- Ashkan Javadzadegan
- Chelsie O’Connor
- Alistair McEwan
- Aiden O’Loughlin, University of Western Sydney
- Annabelle Chan, University of Sydney
- David Yeo, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- Dharmica Mistry, BCAL Diagnostics Pty Ltd
- James Otton, Liverpool Hospital
- Robert Gorkin, University of Wollongong
- Josef Goding, University of New South Wales
- Sandra Ast, AusSI Systems
- Sean Pollock, Respiratory Innovations
- Stephanie Watson, Save Sight Institute
- Stephen Bradford, CSIRO/Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- Yang Chen, Woolcock Institute
- Alexander Baume, University of Sydney
- Ali Fathi, University of Sydney
- Bakul Gupta, University of New South Wales
- Damian Conway, University of New South Wales
- Evelyn Linardy, University of New South Wales/SpeeDx Pty Ltd
- Farzaneh Ahmadi, University of Sydney
- Gaetano Gargiulo, University of Western Sydney
- Ilana Feain, University of Sydney
- James Wood, Macquarie University
- Kyloon Chuah, University of New South Wales
- Linda Varadi, University of Sydney
- Michael Weaver, University of Wollongong
- Nicky Bertollo, University of New South Wales
- Paul Breen, University of Western Sydney
- Paul Keall, University of Sydney/Breathe Well
- Roya Ravarian, Endoluminal Sciences
- Ryan Pawell, University of New South Wales/Indee Pty Ltd
- Rylie Green, University of New South Wales
- Sheridan Gho, University of Wollongong
- Simon Bone, University of New South Wales/SpeeDx Pty Ltd
Updated 2 months ago