The NSW Health and Medical Research Sponsorship Program offers sponsorship support for health and medical research conferences, forums, workshops, award dinners and funding for elite speakers from overseas, for events to be held in NSW. It supports medical research institutes, peak and professional bodies, not-for-profit and non-government organisations.
Through this program, the Office for Health and Medical Research aims to grow and promote the research environment in NSW, build research capacity and encourage collaboration in the health and medical research sector. It is also an opportunity to attract international interest to NSW.
The Program offers sponsorship grants of up to $20,000 for eligible NSW based events. Funding is available on a competitive basis.
Important dates and how to submit
Applications close COB Friday 26 July 2019.
Applicants must submit one electronic copy of their application to the following email address: MOH-OHMRGrants@health.nsw.gov.au. File names must follow the naming convention of: SponsorshipProgram2019_OrganisationName.
Individual feedback will not be given to applicants.
Before you apply
- The event must be held in NSW and seek to:
- promote the research environment in NSW
- build research capacity
- encourage collaboration in the health and medical research sector or
- facilitate international engagement.
- The applicant or host organisation must have an office in NSW and be a:
- not for profit organisation
- non-government organisation
- professional/peak body or
- independent medical research institute funded by OHMR through the medical research support program.
- Universities and NSW Health entities are not eligible to apply for sponsorship funding as a host organisation but can be listed as collaborators.
- The event must be held within 12 months of receiving funding.
- The applicant/host organisation must demonstrate a significant collaborative relationship with partners listed in the application.
- Activities for sponsorship can include:
- travel for international and interstate keynote speakers
- marketing, filming of events, booklet/publication and web content/modules
- venue hire.
- Events with existing NSW Health financial support are not eligible to apply but events with financial support from other Government agencies are eligible.
Applications will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrate how the primary purpose of the event will promote and support the health and medical research environment in NSW.
- Demonstrate how the event aligns with the Office for Health and Medical Research priorities. Priorities are outlined on the webpage: https://www.medicalresearch.nsw.gov.au/mission-strategy/
- Describe how the event will benefit the NSW community and economy including its need, relevance and impact on building research capacity in NSW.
- Describe the state, national and international reach of the event in terms of the number and spread of delegates. Include how it will attract international investment and interest to NSW. Please note the reach must be beyond one research institute or organisation.
- Demonstrate evidence of significant collaborative relationships with other partners listed in the application. Evidence can include minutes of the first meeting of the partnership.
- Describe how the organisers will collaborate with the sector to deliver the event.
- Demonstrate that the information resulting from the conference will be widely disseminated and that NSW Health branding will be acknowledged.
- A list of confirmed and potential keynote speakers must be provided and a draft copy of the agenda or program attached.
- Demonstrate the need for funding through a total budget breakdown including other sources of sponsorship. A draft budget must be provided and include:
- all other committed external funding
- income from expected registrations and sponsorship
- priority areas for which funding is required in the event that the full budget is not supported.
Applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and against the eligibility and selection criteria by a Review Panel.
NSW Health sponsorship must be acknowledged in all publicity and in the program for the meeting and any proceedings or publications resulting from the meeting.
Where relevant and appropriate, NSW Health may request further engagement with keynote speakers.
Applicants that receive financial support for the event from another NSW Health Government entity after the application closing date for the NSW Health and Medical Sponsorship Program must relinquish this funding or repay any funding received through the Program.
Copies of proceedings or publications resulting from the meeting and a report providing feedback of the conference must be provided to NSW Health. This must include immediate and significant outcomes.
For more information or queries please contact:
Office for Health and Medical Research
Phone: 9461 7593
Email: MOH-OHMRGrants@ health.nsw.gov.au
Updated 2 months ago