PhD Program Round 5: Biotechnology Industry Partnerships
Round 5 of the NSW Health PhD is now open.
NSW Health invites eligible host universities, in partnership with industry, to apply for Biotechnology Industry Partnership PhD Scholarships. The PhD Program supports the recruitment of PhD candidates to undertake innovative research projects. Round 5 is focused on biotechnology in conjunction with an industry partner.
Eligible areas of research include diagnostics, therapeutics and other interventions, research tools, production or bioprocessing that specifically use living organisms or parts of organisms (natural or modified).
Only research projects that improve wellbeing and health outcomes for patients will be considered eligible.
The objectives of the program are to:
- fund research excellence among PhD students in NSW
- fund PhD scholarships that will improve health and wellbeing outcomes
- encourage collaboration, leadership and capacity building in the NSW research environment, including collaboration between industry and university researchers
- grow the pipeline of NSW researchers in priority areas
- build commercialisation capacity
- ensure graduates leave university with the skills necessary to succeed in industry
- improve graduate understanding of the diversity of employment opportunities in NSW.
Applications for funding close on 12pm (AEDT) 15 February 2023. For more information, please see the guidelines and application forms below.
|Applications open||December 2022|
|Applications close||12PM (AEDT) 15 February 2023|
|Outcomes notified||May 2023|
|Funding Agreements executed||May 2023|
|Grants paid||June 2023|
|Students recruited and studies commence||By June 2023|
The project directory lists all research projects and/or devices that have received funding through the Office for Health and Medical Research
Updated 2 days ago