The Gene & Cell Therapy Grants aim to position NSW as a global leader, supporting projects to:
- Reduce the time between gathering evidence of effective treatments to delivering those treatments at scale
- Deliver innovative therapies rapidly, efficiently and effectively
- Engage commercial and industry partners early to rapidly scale up therapies found to be effective
- Build workforce and infrastructure capacity and capability in NSW for research and development.
Gene and Cell Therapy PhD Program
The NSW Gene & Cell Therapy PhD Program awards funding for candidates to conduct research in gene and cell therapy development and manufacture under academic supervision. The objectives of the Program are to:
- attract high quality PhD students that strengthen successful gene and cell therapy research programs
- build workforce skills in the development and manufacture of gene and cell therapies in NSW
- create new opportunities for PhD students to study the development and manufacture of advanced therapeutics
- improve graduate understanding of the diversity of employment opportunities in the NSW advanced therapeutics sector
- improve graduate understanding of the commercialisation pathway for these therapies to support closer engagement with industry.
Gene & Cell Therapy PhD Program Application Form
DOCX - 93 KB
Before you apply
The Guidelines outline the eligibility criteria, application process, assessment process, selection criteria, and reporting requirements for the Gene & Cell Therapy PhD Program grants.
Gene & Cell Therapy PhD Program 2020 Guidelines
PDF - 125 KB
The project directory lists all research projects and/or devices that have received funding through the Office for Health and Medical Research
Updated 3 years ago